Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What can you learn during an elementary chapel?

Let me tell you....today was one of those days that the tears came without warning.  Sometimes I just don't know what sets me off.  I wish I did so that I could be prepared or avoid it at least.  Anyway, I started the morning with tears right as the bell was ringing, so I ducked in the principal's office to compose myself.  I got it together enough to go to class and give a spelling test.  Then came chapel...a friend asked if I was Ok - here they came again....I had to leave.  I went upstairs and got it together again.  I went back down to chapel.  I came back in just as Kayla was beginning her talk to the kids.  Today's lesson was SO just for me!  Isn't God good?  Using a message meant for 8-11 year olds to speak directly to me.  Hmmmm....I wonder if that means anything.  Nah!  Surely not!  Anyway....the point of the message was that God wants to make us strong so that we will be more useful to Him.  We have to let Him make us strong, though.  I SO need Him to make me strong, and I SO want to be more useful to Him.  After chapel, I felt strong for the first time in a long time.  I felt like I could do this!  I lay here tonight not feeling quite as strong as I did earlier, but feeling like it's not hopeless anymore.  

Thank you God for using a simple message to encourage my heart and help me see the light!

No comments: