Saturday, February 16, 2008

Quiet Time

Here is an excerpt from my quiet time this morning.  It is from Max Lucado's Safe in the Shephard's Arms.

"It is hard for you to see the City (Heaven) in the midst of the storms.  the desire to pull over to the side of the road and get out entices you.  You want to go on, but some days the road seems so long."

"Remember this:  God never said that the journey would be easy, but he did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.  He may not do what you want, but he will do what is right...and best.  He's the Father of forward motion.  Trust him.  He will get you home.  And the trials of the trip will be lost in the joys of the feast."

I know that Angela is "lost in the joys of the feast" now.  I also know that she would want me to follow our Lord in that "forward motion" that is mentioned in this part of the book.  Right now, God's plan for me is here with my family, teaching my students, and glorifying His name with my life just as she did.  I know that somewhere in this grief is a light - one day I will feel pure joy again - one day I won't hurt so badly - one day....

No comments: