Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Something Cool!

I read something in this book that I'm reading that I have never thought of before.  In Psalm 6:8-9, it says, "Go away, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping.  The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer."  In the Message, it says, "At last the Lord has heard my sobs..."  I'm a pretty simple person.  I accept things just the way they are and don't question much.  My faith is simple - I like it that way.  So, it shouldn't surprise me that I had never thought of this before - God hears our tears and they become our prayers!  Wow!  I just LOVE that!  I have shed many tears in the past two and a half months.  There were times where I felt badly for not praying more than I was, but to know that my tears were heard by God...He knows my heart, of course, so why wouldn't He know my tears?

2 comments:

Waiting said...

Very cool Kelli- I have never thought of it that way. I have felt the same sense of shame for not praying enough when life was hurting. Thanks for the encouragement, friend.

Kelli said...

I'm glad you felt encouraged! I know how much I have leaned on that verse since I read it.