Monday, March 31, 2008

Relay for Life

Friday night I did probably the best thing so far to help my heart to heal.  I participated in the Relay for Life and walked in honor of Angela.  I went with my good friend, Meredith.  The whole night was just amazing...emotional...memorable...special...uplifting...healing...I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.  Meredith and I went together to talk about Angela and share our memories of her.  She was very close to their family - lilke another daughter to them - the girls' babysitter since the youngest was just a baby.  We cried, walked, shared, and best of all laughed!  They played a lot of 80's music as we were walking - I couldn't help but think of how much fun Angela and I would've had singing along.  This is definitely something that will be a part of my life from now on.  

I pray that through events like this that we can raise enough money to find a cure for this horrible disease so that other children, husbands, wives, and best friends don't have to go through this much pain.  Cancer touches us all in one way or another.  I don't know if I knew anyone with cancer when I was a young child, but my children know a dozen people who either have it or have died trying to fight it.  I would be lying if I said that didn't scare me.  It terrifies me!  That's why I think that events like this are so important - not just to remember those who have fought and won or have fought and lost but also to make us all aware of how fragile life really is.  Live each day to its fullest!

Live...Laugh...Love

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm really happy for you, Kelli. I'm so glad that you were able to participate in Relay for Life, and I hope that you continue to heal. I love you!