Monday, January 21, 2008

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks since Angela passed away - the hardest two weeks of my life.  God is good, though.  He has shown me, through so many people, His unconditional love.  Even when I have been angry - He has just loved me.  I have learned how helping others helps me to heal.  I have learned that Angela is still my best friend and always will be - I just don't have her here with me physically.  I can still do things for her that I would've done before - just now they are for her family.  I can't talk with her, but I can remember her and talk to her through journaling.

I've told her husband, Tom, he will get through this - not over it.  I think that is true.  In getting over something - I feel that you somehow forget.  I don't want to or think God would want me to forget.  When you move through something - you remember and are changed because of your experiences.  That is what I feel.

I think of Scott's dad and how our whole family was changed by his presence - how we still are changed.  He was a strong but quiet leader.  I know that Scott has forever been changed because of the influence of his father which in turn has affected us all.  We are all better for having "Pap" in our lives.

Thank you Lord for bringing us through the fire!


2 comments:

Waiting said...

I wish I could have known Angela. It seems that her influence will live on and her life will live on through the people that she has touched. It's obvious that she meant so much to you. I am sorry that you are experiencing this kind of pain. You are a good friend, a good sister, and I know that the same qualities that you saw in Angela- others see in you.
I am also sorry that you guys lost Pap last year. My time around him was very brief, but every time I was around him, I always wanted to be around him more. He was a quiet man and gentle- but I saw a patriarch and a great leader at the same time. I saw so much resemblance between Scott and his dad. Their demeanor and facial expressions were very similar. Pap is still very much alive in Scott. I know it has been a rough past few months for your family. I am praying for you guys. I love you and your family very much.

Kelli said...

You are the best, Kyle!