Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Confusion

Wow!  This year has started off with so much sorrow.  This morning, another friend, the mother of one of Bailey's good friends, died.  How can this be?  I did expect this one - Alison had a long battle with brain cancer.  Single mom - prayer warrior - woman of extreme faith! 

How is all of this going to affect my children?  Does it make death less scary because they are learning to deal with it at a young age and learning how to comfort those who are hurting?  Or does it make them fearful and less secure in that they wonder if myself or Scott may die as well?  I pray that it is the first - it seems as though it is the first.  They are so sweet and concerned for their friends and their families and me.  

They have asked if they could pray with me when they found me crying one night last week.  Wow!  God has blessed me beyond all comprehension with daughters who are so in tune to what God is leading them to do that they would step up and take care of their mommy who is struggling with a great loss.

Thank you Lord for my sweet girls!  Help me to teach them of your love through these tragedies instead of them feeling fearful of loosing one of us.

No comments: